Vardhman Path Road Safety
Vardhman Path Road Safety Gallery : One of its own kind of space for road safety specific activities.
The prime objective of the ongoing project is to create a space for students to engage in road safety related activities.
The project has attracted attention of schools as it aligns very well with the tenet of teaching through creative and hands on activities. Students are encouraged to engage in differents areas of road safety through creative thinking. Activities like singing, face painting, quiz, pop music, jingles and road safety parade are used to inculcate in good road habits in children.
Salient Features :
- A 300 meter long and 9 meter wide lane.
- Situated in the heart of the town flanked by boundary walls of two eminent schools.
- More than 12,000 students from neighbouring 5 schools use this lane everyday.
- Vardhman Path is visualized as a community venture to become a testimony of public participation for the cause of road safety. The concept of road safety is proposed to be translated into visual, tactile and audio projections.
- The project is supported by Jaipur Development Authority (JDA).
- Creative inputs are being done in collaboration with Rajasthan Lalit Kala Acacdamy.
- Stakeholder are students, youth, artists, performers, designers, architects and civic society.
- Over the years the gallery has become an identified area for road safety initiatives by schools, NGOs and creative people. Every now and then the place comes alive with activites.