An Innovative Beginning : Muskaan began its work in the feild of Road Safety with an innovative School Education Program 19 years back. An interactive and age specific module was prepared in consultation with Traffic Police, educationists and experts.
The inovative module has the following distinctive Qualities:
• It is age specific- Three categories : Play group to 5th standard / 6th to 8th standard/ 9th to 12th standards.
• Is interactive at all levels with specific information, videos, Q & A sessions, quiz & games
• Made by road safety experts , educationists, Traffic Police and Muskaan Team
• Can be customized.
• Became the mother of all education modules for different segments over years.
• Is research and data supported.
• Muskaan awarded the National Award fro Ministry of Road Transport & Highways for its road safety education program.
• To build a culture of road safety from the early years to the age of licence.
• Formation of Road Safety Clubs in schools.
• To inform youth about the dangers of speed, drunk driving and ignoring the safety gears.
• To create an informed class of youth that will become an ambassador to generate awareness around them by being an example and knowledge transfer.
Components of Training:
• Road accident data and current scenario of country and state.
• Cost of Accidents
• 5E’s of Road safety
• Attitude and riding behaviour
• Fatal factors and Defensive Driving Tips
• Safety gears like use of ISI mark helmet, it’s codes and necessity of seatbelt.
• Two- Wheeler Riding tips, braking, balancing, speed management, negotiating corners, bumpy path, narrow path and skidding.
• Road signage and road markings
• Components of Good Samaritan Guidelines.
• Basic Life Support Training given through videos and live on a mannequin
Road Safety Education module presented in a Principals’ Seminar:
• As an advocacy initiative to include road safety in school education, a seminar was organized presided over by Education Commissioner Government of Rajashtan where the module was presented. 65 principals from as many schools attended the seminar along with editor of Hindustan Times. The seminar became a landmark for road safety education in schools.
The Module Presented to CBSE:
• Trustee Muskaan Dr. Mridul Bhasin Attends Life Skill Workshop at CBSE New Delhi .
• Dr Mridul Bhasin was Selected as a Member of the Curriculum Committee: (to include letter from CBSE) At this time various life skills were being added in the school curriculum for CBSE and Dr. Bhasin was invited as the Committee member to participate in a workshop for this where she designed chapters for junior classes for road safety as a life skill.
• We covered 1.5 lac students in 130 schools through this program then.
• Muskaan is a Proud Awardee of National Award For Its Road Safety School Education Program by MORTH.