Road Safety Art Gallery: Vardhaman Path
The ongoing project aims to create a space for students to engage in road safety related activities. The project has attracted attention of schools and colleges as it aligns very well with the tenet of teaching through creative and hands on activities. Students are encouraged to engage in different areas of road safety through creative thinking. Activities like singing, face painting, quiz, pop music, jingles, poster painting and road safety parade are used to inculcate good road habits in children.
• Vardhman Path is visualized as a community venture to become a testimony of public participation for the cause of road safety.
• The concept of road safety is proposed to be translated into visual, tactile and audio projections.
• To teach road safety through creative and hands on activities to students.
Salient Features of Vardhaman Path:
• A 300 meter long and 9 meter wide lane.
• Situated in the heart of the town flanked by boundary walls of two eminent schools.
• The walls on the both side of the lane are owned by two schools who lend them to Muskaan for wall painting.
• There are in all 175 big and small panels. These are painted by school children and artists. For this wall painting compititions are held or painters’ workshops are conducted.
• More than 12,000 students from neighbouring 5 schools use this lane everyday.
• Creative inputs are being done in collaboration with Rajasthan Lalit Kala Acacdemy and artists.
• Stakeholders are students, youth, artists, performers, designers, architects and civic society.
• Over the years the gallery has become an identified area for road safety initiatives by schools, NGOs and creative people. Two to three year the place comes alive with activities.
• The project is supported by Jaipur Development Authority (JDA). We have reached more than 5000 students in last 4 Vardhaman Path Road Safety Art Gallery Program.