Muskaan’s School Teachers Workshops had a good beginning with Education Department at Shiksha Sankool Jaipur Rajasthan. The 3 day workshops trained teachers of senior and secondary government schools in the essentials of Road Safety.
The purpose of educating the teachers is to help them build a system to impart road safety education to students in an understandable and activity oriented way.
• To inculcate the culture of road safety, following the rules on the roads by the students of different age groups.
• To create road safe schools covering all aspects of behaviour of students, management of safe transport and reduction in accidents amongst senior students.
• Management of Road Safety Club and management of road safety related activities in the school on the regular basis.
Components of Training:
• To introduce different and age specific modules for younger and senior students.
• Road accident data and current scenario in country and state.
• Cost of Accidents
• 5E’s of Road safety
• Safe transportation for children. The guidelines given by Transport Department for safe transportation and driver behaviour.
• Components of Good Samaritan Guidelines. It also includes Good Samaritan guidelines and Basic Life Support training given through videos and live on a mannequin.
• Safety gears like use of ISI mark helmet, its Codes and seatbelt.
• Road signage and road markings.
• First aid training is an essential aspect of this. With this training the teachers are able to give necessary life skills to be a good citizen and a good road user.
• Formation of Road Safety Clubs to conduct road safety related activities throughout the year.
• Involve the schools in various annual road safety events like UN World Day of Remembrance and Road Safety Week through Muskaan.
Activities of Road Safety Club:
• Organising quiz, carnivals, competitions, debates, theater, songs, dance with road safety messages.
• Managing the traffics in and around the school.
• Monitor underage driving by students.
• Monitoring safe transportation, checking the driver behaviour as per the guidlines given by the goverment.
Muskaan remains a partner with schools in conducting road safety specific activities in schools.